Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ovulation Tracking - Week 2

Week 2 of tracking is over as you can see from the photo below. I'm getting worse at taking the test on time. I have an alarm set but I just don't need to go and get distracted...

I've been doing some reading about the different ways to use OPK's (blog post to come) and some people test more than once a day (say mid-morning and mid-afternoon) but I'm only testing once a day. I mention that now because as you can see from Day 1, it looks like I had either ovulated and was on the way down, or on my way up (it's not 100% the same or darker), especially when you remember that just the day before the line was darker than usual (but not like this).

Some people would start testing many times that day (and the day prior), looking for the peak, but because we're not actually "trying" yet, I simply marked this date on my calendar and expected to see my period around 2 weeks later.

My symptoms for around that day (which I didn't really think were symptoms but wrote down anyway once I saw this line) were:
  • April 15, 2014 - Bloated, nauseous, painful stomach (unable to solve with Gas-X), moodiness
  • April 16, 2014 - still bloated in the morning and mildly moody. Took gas-x and felt better in the afternoon
I actually thought perhaps I was getting sick. I also wondered whether it was because I hadn't really eaten very well that day (I forgot breakfast).



No comments:

Post a Comment